Notice of Road Closures
- Why: Transport of an oversized load, a Boeing 727-200 aircraft fuselage with wing stubs.
- When: Scheduled for 6 February 1999 (and possibly 7 February 1999), starting at about midnight.
- Times: Only portions of the route will be closed at a time, ahead of and behind the load, with sections closing ahead of the load as it advances, and opening behind after it passes. This transport project is scheduled to begin at Cornell Road and 34th Avenue (on the south side of the Hillsboro Airport) at about midnight. Times when specific road sections will be closed are not certain since they depend upon uncontrollable factors such as weather. The transport project may extend throughout the early morning hours, and possibly into the afternoon. If delays are encountered, the project could extend to a second day, Sunday, 7 February 1999, starting at about midnight.
- Route: Starting at the Hillsboro Fair Complex, just south of the Cavanaugh's hotel, proceeding:
North on NW 34th Avenue to Cornell Road (very short distance)
West, then South, on NE Cornell Road, becomes 10th Avenue, to SE Baseline Street
West on SE Baseline Street to S 1st Avenue
South on S 1st Avenue, becomes Highway 219
South on Highway 219 to Bald Peak Road
Southwest on Bald Peak Road to SW Campbell Road
South on SW Campbell Road to Holly Hill Road
West on Holly Hill Road for 1.1 miles
Exit onto the Campbell property at 15270 SW Holly Hill Road or the Denfeld's property directly east.
- Traffic Control Method: Pilot vehicles and patrol cars positioned in front of and behind the load will direct traffic as necessary.
- Further Information: Many details concerning this transport and the overall project can be found at the following web site:
For critical logistics concerns please contact the following, preferably by email. Please do not use this contact for general interest questions: Bruce Campbell, 15270 SW Holly Hill Road, Hillsboro, OR 97123-9074. All Telecom (Auto-discriminate): 628-2936, Cell: 957-0727, Email: email@example.com, Web: www.AirplaneHome.com
This illustration shows the aircraft, on its moving dollies, on a 25 foot
wide road, similar to many sections of Highway 219. Traffic will be unable
to pass in either direction, so detour routes will be necessary.